Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Let the Festaval's Begin...

My Booth at Thornebrook

Fall is always so beautiful up here. It is just invigorating! The humidity has subsided and you just want to dance outside!  Two weeks ago was the Art Festival at Thornebrook in Gainesville and the weather and the art drew us all outside!

Thornebrook Festival was very nice and an ok festival the crowds were not as I had hoped on Saturday and I think it was because of the Gator Game that happened to be on TV. Sunday was a much better day for everyone.

The crowds at Mount Dora.
This past weekend I met my friends from South Florida for the Arts & Crafts Festival in Mount Dora. We had a delicious lunch and then glided through the intense crowd to find our own treasures. It was a great festival and I bought a birthday present at my friend Robin's cousin's cork art booth. Then I found this fabulous leaf plate for my fire place and a ceramic artist who had great stuff. Parking was tough though, because the town was packed. Robin's uncle lives in Mount Dora so I was able to park at his house so that made life a little easier.

Mount Dora is a lovely place with historic homes and amazing vistas with it's lakes.  I would really love to plein air paint there soon. Put that on my list of things for 2014.

The cool thing is I got accepted for the Mad Hatter's Art Festival next month in downtown Coconut Grove, November 16-17. More info to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment