Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

 Lots of things happening.  Thornebrook Art Festival is right around the corner.  The last weekend of September, 9/29-30, so I am crazy busy trying to finish some recent paintings.  It rained the entire day so I got a lot of painting done at the coop.  There were so few customers.  I decided to add some more landscapes to my showing. Here is the St. Augustine Lighthouse. I always loved it and I think it will make an interesting painting to hang at Thornebrook. It is not completed but it should be next week.  I will have this one, The Tiger, and "Refuge", St. Pauls Chapel painting all done by next weekend.

This past week, I was really excited because I was invited to participate in the 10th World Paint Out held at the Kanapaha Botanical Gardens here in Gainesville, Fl.  I will be painting live at the gardens on Sept. 14, and 15 and then hang my work at their gallery.  It is my first large paint out and it is a privilege that I was selected.  Great artists and friends Tim Malles and Sue Johnson will be doing it too so it should be lots of fun.  I will fill you in on more in the coming weeks.

Some of you know that our dog Scooby, the fawn Great Dane we rescued 4 years ago has been quite sick. Something happened to his leg, three weeks ago and he hasn't been the same since.  It went limp and then got infected. He lost his appetite and came close to being put down.  With the help of Hilltop Animal Hospital he is much better now.  Although he is still limping but the infection is under control.  He is eating most of the time but he keeps having accidents in the house so I have to keep him quarantined in the kitchen.  I am not sure if it is the large amount of antibiotics he is on or if he has some other underlying problem.  I will keep you posted on his progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment