Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

New and old work!

The most recent work involves renewing work on St Paul,s Chapel across from Ground Zero. Check out their website for more info on the church "Opened in 1766, St. Paul's Chapel is Manhattan's oldest public building in continuous use - a place where George Washington worshiped and 9/11 recovery workers received round-the-clock care. Part of the Episcopal Parish of Trinity Church, St. Paul's is a center for worship and the arts, a community of reconciliation, and a place of pilgrimage for all people. " It is still "in progress" and I plan to put some ghostly firemen into the mix.

I started the tiger pic to go into the Newberry Firehouse show but it didn't make it. It is another pic taken by my friend Tammy at the Jacksonville Zoo last year. I really am having fun painting this guy. The Girl from India is being show at Newberry. She is just a 12" x 9" . I have her for sale but I think I may do some refining work on her when the show comes down this week.
Wednesday I am attending a Critique at the Doris Center in Gainesville. I plan on bringing 3 figurative paintings, Lobster Season will be one and The Girl in the White Dress with be another. The artist who will do the critique is amazing, Anthony Ackrill. I cannot express how much I admire his work. I aspire to paint like him so I really want to have his opinion of my work. He studied in Italy and has that old world style I love. I let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment