Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Getting it done!

My mother-in-law has been staying at our house for a few weeks and during that time I lose my little studio. I had set up my son's empty room into an art studio since he went to college by moving stuff around and putting a large sheet over the carpet. It is a small space but it works for my easel, table and supplies. Plus the lighting is not too bad and I have a huge TV in there. Whenever we have guests it becomes a guest room and I pull my art stuff out. So recently I have actually set up my easil in my kitchen. I have been painting almost every day after dinner and after I clean up my kitchen for about 2 hours. Surprisingly I have gotten stuff done. I finished one 6"x6" , the Elephant, and started another one for The Doris Center fundraiser, finished a small but fun, painting of Ginnie Springs, and the Paris Street scene I started awhile ago. Both are pictured below.

The week before I also did a day at my friend, Bonnie's beautiful store, The Garden Gallery on Alachua's main street. I painted live and she set up a great display of my stuff. It was fun to spend the day with Bonnie. She is featuring a different artist every week that sells art at her store.

No comments:

Post a Comment