Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New works in progress


This past weekend I finally started some new stuff. The "Girl in a White Dress" is my second endeavor of this type. If you remember I did the "Girl in a Pink Dress" on my website, www.tinacorbett.com. This is just the basic layer of the oil painting.
The other painting is again in honor of "Pioneer Days" festival in High Springs this coming weekend, April 2 and 3, located in the sinkhole in the center of High Springs. I took some pics on my way from The Firehouse Art Gallery in Newberry. I had just dropped off some paintings when I saw these cracker horses grazing alongside County Road 235 in a pasture. I pulled over and took a lot of pictures of them as they posed for me like movie stars. They loved the attention. I am using a winter palette since this pic was this past winter. Both these paintings will have a mostly black and white theme. I want to do these because we are planning an Annual High Springs Art Coop later in the year and the theme will be "Black and White" Art. Below is the original pic. Remember both paintings are just the initial layer of paint and both need a lot more work. I will post new pics as I progress with there work.

No comments:

Post a Comment