Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Froze at the show


I need to update you on the show at Tioga. It is always a lovely location and the first night started out really great, I sold a painting. A lovely customer came by and told me she remembered me from last year and wanted the Mount Dora painting. Evidently her parents lived in Mount Dora which is a wonderful area in the middle of Florida. It is surrounded on three sides by lakes and the town is very vintage and quaint. Great restaurants and little interesting shops line the main area of town. The painting made her feel very nostalgic and she had a very touching story. It was very exciting to sell it to her because she loved it so much. The rest of the show was decent with some prints selling but Sat. morning it rained and we froze. I was just so tired of being cold. Sunday was better, the weather was still cold but sunny.


Outdoor shows always take so much out of you physically. The set up and take down are a lot of work. I enjoy the interaction with all the new faces I meet and the fellow artists, and it does get my work out to the public but it can be tough. I wanted to bring Bullwinkle but I knew he would be uncomfortable on the concrete and with the cold and rain. He would have been miserable. I think he would rather be in his favorite spot, my couch!


No comments:

Post a Comment