Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Monday, January 18, 2010

High Springs Art Co-Op

A very exciting thing is about to happen here in High Springs in the next month. So far, six other artist's and myself have an opportunity to become the leading artists showing at a local gallery. Here in High Springs we have had a lovely gallery serving our community. Since the down turn in the economy the owner, Chuck Sapp has had a hard time keeping his two gallery's going. His other gallery is a larger, more prominent store in Gainesville, Paddiwack Gallery. So he has offered us an opportunity to fill the gallery with our art and to work the gallery as an artist's co-op.

Ever since I have moved to High Springs, I have always looked at the open store fronts and dream of owning a future gallery with my art and other peoples art. Maybe with a small area selling art supplies. This co-op is much closer to that dream. Being part it will be a life long experience. I can learn the gallery business and have a 7 day a week venue for my art to be out in the public. The great thing will be that we will be painting on location at the gallery for the public to view. This way I will not neglect the only full day I can paint, which is Sunday's. Since I still work full time at the postal service, Sunday will be my day to work the gallery. Hopefully this will entice the public to visit the gallery to observe working artists. The new name will be High Springs Art Co-Op Gallery, located at 115 North Main Street, High Springs, FL 32643.

Today I finally painted on my daughter's, Heather, and son-in-law, Scott's, Italy painting. It is coming along. It still needs more work but I am happier with it now. Boats and buildings still need tweeking and lines straightened. Hopefully it will be done with a few more hours. Then I need to start new work for the Winter Art Festival at Tiogo in Gainesville. That show is the last weekend in Feb., so I would like some new work for it. I am leaning toward more figurative work and a pet portrait of Scooby.

3 comments:

  1. awesome! can't wait to see visit the new co-op. will you have classes, too? - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, thanks for commenting. We are still in baby stages with it starting so it may have many other facets in the future. I know Diana Fava has watercolor classes at her studio, she does beautiful work. I don't teach. Heck I am lucky I have time to paint because I work at the USPS. If you want to take great lessons in Oil, Melanie Peter in Gainesville has great classes. Email me if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete