Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Small Works/Big Ideas Thinking Inside the Box"

Pic 1 - Italy - A place of my ancestors and distant family and where I aspire to go soon!
Pic 2 - "After the Rain" This is outside my front window and our property in High Springs, it looks so pristine right after the rain. The two trees in front are my favorite, the left one is a lovely maple and I am not sure what the other is.
Pic 3 - "Walking through Central Park" I took this pic as you remember from our family trip to New York City in June. Central Park is a little bit of heaven in the middle of exciting and crazy NYC.
Pic 4 - Hollywood Boardwalk - This is my favorite beach on earth, where I spent my teenage years and took my kids skating at night on the boardwalk. The water is as blue as the pic and one of the rare places in South Florida where high rise development failed to take over.
Pic 5 - Hayfield 2, This is my second hayfield pic from State Road 236 in High Springs.

So lately I have been feverishly working on miniature paintings. They have actually been very fun to do and a challenge. I think I will call this collection "Favorite Places." I have been doing tiny paintings since I entered the Winter Fine Art Fair at Tioga, in Gainesville, Fl. last year sponsored by Gainesville Fine Arts Association . I originally did them as low cost simple pieces of art with small wooden easels packaged in a small bag and sold for under $25. I still have some of those on sale at the Garden Gallery on Main Street in Alachua Florida. These latest paintings are much more advanced and I have spent many more hours on them. Most will be framed in Plein Air gold frames or painted on gallery wrapped canvas and wired. I took all the photos that they are taken from except for the Italy pic,which I actually designed from my daughter's large Italy painting.

The exciting thing about the collection is that I was invited to participate in an art exhibition at The Melrose Bay Art Gallery located at 103 SR 26 in Melrose, Florida, Nov. 9 - Dec. 9, 2009. It is called "Small Works/Big Ideas Thinking inside the Box." The requirements for entry are very specific and your work, including frames, must fit within a specific criteria of space. The first 3 pics I produced for it are for the most part complete. The last two you can see are roughed in

and require more work. I will try to finish them this week.

These last two were roughed in while I was sitting at Reddick Dirt bike track where Jay and I hung out today with our son Stephen. He raced with all his GSR Team buddies. It is always exciting and nerve racking to see him race. Check out his new website with his newly formed team GSR at gsrmx.com The site is soooo cool.

I am off again from work again tomorrow YEAH! I plan on working on Heather and Scott's Italy pic finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment