Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bella' s Room

Last week I had vacation and spent it down in Delray Beach with my daughter, Heather and son-in-law, Scott. It was a great week, the weather was as always, beautiful, sunny and hot. My plan was to paint my future granddaughter's bedroom. I drove down early Sunday morning and had a super brunch at the country club in Boca Raton where Scott's parents live. The spread was amazing. Every fruit possible, the
blackberries was huge. Delicious breads for sandwiches with every possible salad combination. Plus bagels, eggs, and the usual breakfast fair. Later Heather and I found Jerry's Artarama. A great art store where I found all the
paints and supplies for the job. Monday I got up early and started on the room. It was a little tough starting since the walls are plastered with the knock down finish. As the day wore on it worked out great. I managed to complete almost the entire scene in 2 full days! Which left the last day to play. My mom came up and hung out with us on
Monday while I worked.

Each night it was fun to spend watching all the new TV shows with Scott and Heather since last week were all the season premieres. The last day I found a small window in time to get lunch with my favorite postal buddies from South Florida. We girls had a delicious lunch at Las Vegas a great Cuban restaurant in Pembroke Pines and then I had dinner at my best friend Susan's house. She made me more Spanish food. It is hard to get good ethnic food here in Gainesville so it is always a treat.

Bella's name and the spots on the giraffe are the exact colors of the spots in the pock-a-dot design for the baby's crib bedding set. I thought that would accent the whole room design. It is hard to tell in the photos but there are little hanging berries in the shape of hearts.

If anyone is interested in a wall mural such as this I would enjoy doing it. Of course price would be determined by the complexity of the design. I paint with quality acrylics so there are no fumes and easy clean up. I sealed the wall with acrylic varnish so the wall can be cleaned with a wet sponge, in case my granddaughter becomes and artist while in the crib! You can contact me and if you live locally it would be great. If you live in Florida, we can work something out since I have family all over the state that I can stay with. If you are out of state we can also make arrangements. I have lots to blog today, since I am way behind, so talk with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment