Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Shadow shapes and 5 minute sketches

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day. It was super to have two days off in a row. I never got around to blogging last week so let's catch up. My Building a Better Portrait class was a week ago yesterday, Sunday. The subject was shadow shapes. We had to sketch the bust of the statue of David, by Michelangelo and a woman, with different lighting's just using shadows to depict the image. It was very helpful to get you to squint to see the shapes of the face in different light making your drawings more accurate.






For the last half hour we had to model and sketch each of us, students with 5 minute sketches. Melanie Peter, our teacher, said I did good. It was harder than I thought, and I need to practice this often. I plan on buying a small sketch book and maybe drawing the people I work with at the Post Office as I eat my lunch during the week. I will keep you posted. Modeling was a challenge too, try sitting still and not moving a muscle, five minutes turns out to be a long time. It makes you appreciate when you have someone model for you who sits for 15 or 30 minutes at a time.

This weekend was a free weekend, no class!

No comments:

Post a Comment