Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tubing on the Santa Fe River

Finally, some cool pics of my family tubing down the Santa Fe River. I have been so busy with work and my portrait workshop on Sunday's that I haven't posted for awhile, so sorry. We started our trip down the river at beautiful Ginny Springs. The camera was a cheap water camera so the quality is poor on the photos. I thought I would get some good pics to paint but they are just not nice enough. I need to go there with my good Canon to get some painting shots. I will share these with you anyway. The first two here might be possible painting subjects, I would have to work with them. There are so many colors in the water, it was gorgeous, cool but not freezing, except by the spring itself. As you can see the water is a beautiful turquoise by the actual hole of the spring. Lots of people dive into the hole into the underground caves, but it is very scary. It is actually considered the most dangerous sport in the world. Not only is it very dark below the surface but the force of water that pushes you out of the hole is exhausting. The sights must be amazing though. You can check out more on the springs site, http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/ . I did see some cool turtles sunning themselves on the shore that would have made great subjects but the camera did not capture them well. Then the boys saw a gator slip into the river close to where Heather and I were floating, that was scary. The worse part was that two teenage girls saw it too and started splashing and screaming, which would only bring attention to themselves with the gator. I wanted to drown them myself. To the best of my knowledge there has never been a gator attack with the floaters. Hopefully they are more frightened of us than we are of them. Yeah, right!

My son-in-law, Scott and daughter, Heather, had a great time and found it very relaxing. The river naturally takes you lazily down. Lots of people take advantage of the river in the summer, it was quite crowded when we rented our tubes. Other people get quite ingenious with their floats and there were all kinds of shapes and sizes. Some even put their coolers on floats with their refreshments, beer! Some huge floats were multi contraptions for several people with drink slots for each. We will definitely look for floats that can enhance the experience in the future and our whole family plans on doing this again.


My husband Jay and son Dillon went with us so that was great. Then my son, Stephen came home for a quick overnight visit from University of Central Florida to join us so that was a surprise. The whole family was together for a spectacular day!








No comments:

Post a Comment