Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Portrait Workshop




Every Sunday for the past 3 weekends I have been attending a workshop as I have told you with artist, Melanie Peter, http://www.pineywoodsstudio.com/. This has put me way behind on my painting. I have done little on my daughter's Italy pic and barely started my pic of the church across from Ground Zero in NYC. But I thought I would share with you my learning experiences. The class has been a challenge and I always begin the class slightly frustrated. Not in a bad way though, it is just that the drawing lesson's are a challenge and I am constantly learning. Melanie is a great teacher and each week I am learning something new. The main thing this whole experience has taught me is that I have to practice drawing every chance I get. I remember reading in Linda Blondheim's blog how she talked about that very same issue. Here are some samples of my class assignments. They look a little strange, because of the different use of charcoal, and oil paint, and exactly what we are drawing. My shadow drawing of the woman model, I felt I made her look like Geronimo, the American Indian, but Melanie, my teacher seems to think I did a good job.

The first pics were of plaster casts of lips, nose and an ear, I did not have time for the eye. Then of course my "Geronimo" and this week was a lesson in the planes of the face and scull. This was hard to get all the right values of the many planes. The eyes look strange because the cast had one eye more developed than the other. I call him "GI Joe". We will see how I do next week. I look forward to it!







No comments:

Post a Comment