Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Art at City Hall, High Springs Florida



I am so excited to share the news I recently had my first "press release" and shared an art exhibition at city hall in High Springs with 5 other local artist. It was this past Tues. night and a great success. Lots of local people showed up and the finger food was delicious served by the lovely Bed and Breakfast in High Springs http://www.gradyhouse.com/, The Grady House. Sandi Richmond, who works at City Hall, did a great job in organizing it. The coolest thing is they featured my latest painting, "Hayfield in Winter" on the flyer. It was a great honor for me. This pic was taken a short distance from my house, in High Springs. A beautiful field just off 1-75 on Cty. Rd 236. I admire it everyday when I drive home from the Post office. It is just a sprawling field and they keep it well maintained. In the winter hay bales decorate it's landscape.

I may even have a sale from the show! I really want to give a shout out to the City of High Springs for trying to find ways to incorporate the arts into our town. It would be great if this is a start to getting our town on the map, not only known for it's quaint shops and beautiful springs but also as a forefront for the arts. I entered four paintings all of local areas. Two of Devil's Millhopper,(Forest Serenity and Dream Path), Hayfield in Winter, and Blue Springs II. You can view all of them on my website, http://www.tinacorbett.com/

Some of the comments at the exhibition were quite flattering, One art admirer said my work was very romantic. Another said my stuff was old fashioned like the old masters. WOW that was super. I always go to museums and admire old masters. I get very close to the paintings and look at them to see how the artist's painted them. My daughter has a very valuable painting hanging in her home, a gift from her husband's grandmother to him, and I stare at it the entire time I am in her house. To even think that my work can have that look is a fabulous compliment.

This is the latest painting of local landscapes, I am working on and it is almost done. Just a little more tweaking and it is finished. I said before that I may put in a deer but I think I like it the way it is. My friend Susan said it would take away from it. She said it tells a story. It makes you dream of the what is at the end of the road. So I think I will leave it like this. I think I will call it, "On the Road Home."

This weekend I will talk about my latest commission. I will show you how I go from the photo to the finished product. Christmas is just around the corner. If anyone is interested in a commissioning a painting they need to now so I have the time to complete it. My day job, USPS, keeps me pretty busy as we get close to the holidays. I will give 10% off to any blog followers. It is free to sign up!





















No comments:

Post a Comment