Copyright 2015

Copyright 2015 All content and artwork on this site is protected by copyright any use in any manner without permission from Tina Corbett is prohibited.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Dudley Farm Paint Out

This weekend I decided to check out the Paint Out at Dudley Farm in Newberry, Florida. I really am interested in Plein Air painting but have never had any official training for it so I went to this to observe the working artists. I was very impressed with most of the artists there. One of my favorites was an artist from Saint Augustine, Charles Dickenson, his work was fabulous. My friend Sue Johnson also was doing cool work and it was great to talk with her. She had a nice painting of a cow that I liked, along with her usual horses. I went to paint outdoors with her once and found it fun. I did feel like a fish out of water but I will do it again as soon as my schedule allows just to get the hang of it. It is very special to observe nature and try to capture the colors and values as they truly are. Photos tend to mute the colors.

Hiltop Animal Hospital invited me to attend their open house celebration of their new building. I have hung my "Keeping the Watch" painting of Bullwinkle and Rocky there and placed my cards, so it will be a great chance to meet people and their pets. I will probably bring my top model, Bullwinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment